how to care for red, sensitive and reactive skin
Painful, reactive skin requires a routine that minimizes discomfort and prevents irritation and redness. Soothe red or splotchy skin on your face and ease sensitivity with care from your local skoah facial shop.
We offer treatments and use an exclusive product line that’s gentle enough to care for sensitive skin.
Indulge in tailored sensitive skin care when you find a skoah facial shop near you.
common symptoms of sensitive skin
Redness and sensitivity have various origins, so look out for a range of symptoms:
- Red streaks on your skin
- Red, blotchy skin on your face
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Itchiness, hives or a rash
- Scaly, flaking or rough patches
- Sensitive red bumps on the skin
- Skin reactions or temporary outbreaks of red, sensitive patches
- Easy flushing or blushing
common causes of facial redness and sensitivity
Sensitivity and redness come from a variety of causes, including:
- Contact with irritants, like harsh chemicals or pollution
- Allergy to skin products
- Sunburn or windburn
- Extremely dry skin
- Overly hot and humid conditions
- Inflamed hair follicles
- Medication reaction
- Conditions like rosacea, eczema or lupus
Please note that facial irritation or long-term redness may indicate more serious skin conditions – like rosacea or eczema – or diseases – like lupus or shingles. Speak with a dermatologist if your symptoms don’t ease with treatment.
indulge in a soothing facial for sensitive skin
We offer a few facials that ease redness and soothe sensitivity. Indulge in a relaxing facial to ease symptoms and restore comfort to your skin:
- facialiscious™ facial. Reduce facial redness with the ultimate pampering facial. During the facial, we will focus on hydrating the skin to eliminate itchy dryness and use products tailored to address the root cause of your irritation.
- pro peel™. Those with sensitive skin can still enjoy the benefits of a peel to exfoliate dead and dry skin and minimize acne. Our pro peel uses a milder glycolic acid solution to lessen the irritation associated with peels.
- smooth™ facial. The smooth facial is ideal for trying out facials for the first time on sensitive skin. It’s short enough not to overwork reactive skin.
build your at-home skin care routine for sensitive skin and redness
Ask your skin care trainer for help building your at-home sensitive skin care routine. Our specially formulated line of skin care products can be used to build or supplement your regimen with soothing moisturizers, toners and more.
We recommend patch testing each product before applying it to your face, especially if your most common cause of redness is an allergic reaction. Apply a small amount of product to your inner forearm and check for irritation at 48 and 96 hours. These are the most common timeframes for immediate and delayed reactions.
rejuvenate and soothe with skin care for redness and sensitivity
Just because your skin is sensitive or red doesn’t mean you can’t pamper yourself with a facial. Find your nearest skoah facial shop location to book an appointment.
frequently asked questions
Moisturizing and hydrating products are the key to soothing skin that’s both dry and sensitive. Your skoah skin care trainer will recommend the best moisturizers for sensitive skin. Make sure to patch–test any new products before trying them on your face.
Try a cold compress if your skin is inflamed and painful. Don’t rub or scratch the skin, or you’ll irritate it further. Add sensitive-friendly moisturizers to your daily routine. For long-term irritation, we recommend contacting a dermatologist.
We customize your schedule to allow even those with sensitive skin to visit every four weeks. To avoid stressing your skin, talk to your skin care trainer to adjust your appointment schedule as needed. Your trainer may suggest you limit certain types of facials to once every six to eight weeks to start.
similar skin conditions
When you correct red or sensitive skin, you may run into related skin concerns. Nourish your skin with treatments that can soothe other skin conditions as well.
- Red, irritated skin may also appear dull or hyperpigmented. Find facials that help you get your glow™ back as they calm your skin.
- Acne can cause redness or inflammation. Address acne breakouts and blemishes to reduce facial redness.
- Red, sensitive skin is often also dry and flaky. Get the moisture and hydration you need to ease red, dry skin.