how to fix dry, flaky skin on your face
From soothing dry, flaky skin on your forehead to softening a scaly feeling on your cheeks, skoah facial shop skin care trainers can soothe and rejuvenate your skin with hydrating skin care products and our moisture-rich facials.
Manage itchiness, peeling, rough patches and other symptoms of dry skin with hydrating facials.
Return to soft, hydrated skin. Find a skoah location near you to schedule a hydrating facial and pick new products for your routine.
how to tell when you have dry skin
Dry skin often feels obvious to the person who has it, but here are some signs to keep an eye out for:
- Rough, flaky or scaly patches of skin
- Pale skin that looks lighter or darker than your normal skin tone or dark skin that looks ashen
- Redness on pale skin
- Tight or itchy feeling
- Skin that cracks or bleeds easily
- A stinging or burning sensation, especially when you wash
common causes of dry, flaky skin on your face
These factors may be causing or worsening your dry skin:
- Dry or windy environment/seasonal change
- Washing your face too often or with harsh products
- Frequently swimming in chlorine or sweating
- Medication or medical treatments
- Hormonal changes
Please note that many of the symptoms of dry skin can indicate more serious conditions like psoriasis or eczema. If your dry skin doesn’t improve with treatment, seek help from a dermatologist.
how to hydrate skin with a hydrating facial treatment
At-home remedies can be time-consuming and difficult to keep up. Start your journey to healthy skin with one of these professional facials from skoah:
- facialiscious™ facial. As the ultimate hydration facial, facialiscious is the best treatment for adding moisture back to your skin. This extra-long facial (75 minutes) may be customized with an extra boost of hydration.
- power™ facial. The power facial uses a gentle exfoliator and a signature moisture mask to remove dead, dry skin and revitalize a dull complexion.
- pro peel™. Start fresh – without completely stripping your skin of natural oils – using our pro peel. Our skin care trainers carefully add soothing moisture after the peel to revive your skin.
the differences between dehydrated skin vs. dry skin
Two things cause dry, flaky skin: a naturally dry skin type and dehydration. If you’re not drinking enough water, your skin will show signs of dehydration that look and feel very similar to a dry skin type. However, how you approach skin care for both causes is very different.
- Naturally dry skin doesn’t produce enough sebum, the oil that protects skin and keeps it healthy and soft. It may be soothed with moisturizing products and a hydrating facial routine.
- Dehydrated skin is dry due to a lack of water. If you’ve tried all sorts of moisturizers and still struggle with dry skin, you may need to try drinking more water or using a humidifier.
choosing hydrating skin care products with a skoah professional
After your facial, our skin care trainers can help you choose products that best suit your skin type and needs. Explore options for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin or stock up on winter skin care products for the driest months. We offer personalized skoah kits with skoah face cream, moisturizer, cleansers and more to enhance your at-home skin care routine.
find your fix for dehydrated, dry, flaky skin with skoah
We address dry skin with professional treatments to hydrate, lock in moisture and soothe irritation. Find a skoah location near you for a rejuvenating and hydrating facial.
frequently asked questions
There’s likely something in your environment or lifestyle causing excessive drying. Try switching to a gentler cleanser that preserves natural oils. Introduce more moisture to your lifestyle – whether by drinking more water or using a humidifier – to better support your skin’s hydration. If dry skin persists, speak with a dermatologist.
Yes. Sebum glands may try to overcompensate for dry skin by overproducing natural oils, clogging pores without fixing your dry skin problem. Try introducing additional hydrating products to your routine and reducing the use of harsh cleansers. If you use acne treatments, keep extra hydrators on hand – acne treatments tend to dry the skin.
Yes! While anything is harmful in excess, products with hyaluronic acid help your skin bind and retain moisture. Be careful: if you live in an ultra-dry environment, hyaluronic acid may absorb water from your skin instead of the air. Our skin care trainers can help you decide if products with hyaluronic acid are right for you.
similar skin conditions
If you struggle with dry skin, you may notice problems with related skin conditions. We can help you address your skin holistically, including related concerns.
- When your skin overproduces oils to attempt to correct dry skin, you may start to struggle with acne instead. If you’ve been stripping oils in the shower, you might see breakouts after washing.
- Are your dry patches mostly on your cheeks? You may have combination skin, meaning that different areas of your face have different needs.
- Dry skin often becomes red or sensitive skin, especially if your skin gets dry with age. Switch out for sensitive skin products to avoid further irritation or to soothe itchiness.