how to deal with acne and blemishes on your skin
Acne is a natural part of life, but you may prefer to mitigate breakouts where you can. Regardless of gender or age, blemishes can be difficult to treat and prevent, but you don’t have to handle them alone. At skoah facial shop, we work with kustomers to customize facials and products to address their most pressing skin care concerns, including acne.
Reduce the risk of a breakout with facials and products from our skin trainers. Find a skoah facial shop location near you.
signs and symptoms of acne
Acne and blemishes are simple to identify visually. Look out for:
- Whiteheads or blackheads (plugged pores)
- Small, tender red bumps (papules)
- Red or white tender bumps (pimples)
- Large, painful, solid lumps under the skin (nodules)
- Large, painful, spongy or soft lumps under the skin (cysts)
- Pitted skin where acne once was
- Hyper- or hypopigmentation where acne once was
Please note that more severe forms of acne, like nodules and cysts, should be treated by a dermatologist.
what causes blemishes and acne?
Not every person has the same underlying reason for their acne. Here are some common causes to consider:
- Hormonal changes, such as puberty
- Excess oil on the skin
- Clogged follicles and pores
try a blemish and acne facial treatment
We provide facials that work as teen acne treatments and provide adult acne skin care to promote lifelong healthy skin. Our professional skin care trainers will help customize a facial for your skin type and the underlying cause of your acne.
Each facial below addresses a root cause of acne:
- pro peel™. Glycolic acid peels provide reactive skin care for hormonal acne. The pro peel can reduce the appearance of hormonal acne by deep cleaning your skin with intensive extractions that aren’t as irritating or harsh.
- xtreme peel™. Our xtreme peel has the best skin care products for acne scars and blemishes. Get a recommendation from your skin care trainer to remove layers of scarred, damaged or discolored skin to reveal fresh skin below.
- extract™ facial. Extractions reduce breakouts and white- and blackheads by removing excess sebum and skin cells that clog pores.
- facialiscious™ facial. The relaxing approach of facialiscious makes it the best treatment for hormonal acne caused by stress. We can tailor your treatment masks to include acne redness treatment, oil reduction or blemish removal. The long, soothing process is the ideal acne treatment for sensitive skin.
While acne can be hard to treat directly or get rid of completely, these facials help minimize breakouts and clear your skin, so you don’t have to deal with constant blemishes. Our skin care trainers will help you plan a facial schedule that matches your skin goals and needs.
at-home skoah products recommended by our professionals
After your facial, your skin care trainer will recommend products like a skoah cleansing lotion, exfoliator or the best skin care products for blackheads, tailored to your skin care needs. We want to help you build your skin care routine to match your skin goals. Our products help control breakouts between facials, giving you peace of mind.
When we identify a possible cause for your acne, we help you find the best products to address it, including spot acne treatments. Following a bout of acne, we suggest products for minimizing acne scars and for evening pigmentation.
how to get rid of blemishes and acne with skoah
skoah facial shops take the time to provide thorough skin care for all skin types. Our skin care trainers conduct a thorough consultation, focusing on your skin care goals and identifying potential causes of blemishes. Next, we’ll suggest a customized facial. A consistent facial regimen helps reduce or eliminate breakouts, especially when paired with a trainer-recommended at-home routine.
Let the professionals provide you with skin care for hormonal acne, stress-based breakouts, lasting blemishes and other acne skin concerns. Join us at a skoah facial shop location near you for an acne treatment facial.
frequently asked questions
Acne spot treatments work best overnight, so use them directly before bed. Visit your local skoah facial shop and speak with a skin care trainer to find the spot treatment that’s right for your skin.
Some acne will clear without treatment – this is especially true for hormonal acne. Most breakouts are best met with at-home and professional care.
Remember, acne takes time to clear, so give your new regimen four weeks to show improvements. If your acne is severe or painful, or you experience sudden onset acne as an older adult, seek help from a dermatologist or your primary care doctor.
Our facials help minimize and prevent breakouts caused by oily skin or clogged pores. Our treatments also address the symptoms of genetic or hormonal acne, lessening their severity and improving the appearance of blemishes or scars.
Similar Skin Conditions
Acne sufferers know that blemishes are often accompanied by dry or excessively oily patches of skin. Ask a skoah facial shop skin care trainer to help address your acne-related concerns.
- Unsurprisingly, many people with acne also have oily skin. Excess oil can clog and irritate pores and hair follicles, causing acne.
- Some people with dry or flaky skin develop acne as a result of their body attempting to over-produce skin oils to compensate. Treating dry skin may lessen acne breakouts.
- Long-term acne can cause problems with hyperpigmentation or dull skin. Our skin care trainers can treat the results of years of acne.