the skoah peel facial
This facial workout uses 20% or 30% glycolic acid for an intensive exfoliation of your face, neck, and décolleté, revealing remarkably smoother skin. You’ll enjoy deep cleansing, extractions, and a customized mask. With zero downtime, the skoah glow-ah is guaranteed.
See the difference in your skin. Find a skoah location near you to schedule a peel facial.
benefits of choosing a mild glycolic acid peel
Our chemical peel for sensitive skin exfoliates using a milder acid solution is powerful enough to provide visible (and touchable!) results. It peels away dead or lackluster skin to reveal the newer, softer layers beneath. Glycolic acid peels reduce hyperpigmentation, clear acne and allow for better product absorption. You can look forward to brighter, glowing skin and reduced fine lines and wrinkles, especially with repeated treatments.
We offer the peel with two different levels of glycolic acid. We recommend the 20% glycolic acid peel for those with fair, mature, or sensitive skin. It’s also recommended for individuals who spend a significant amount of time outdoors. A lighter peel leaves you with less photosensitivity, while a heavier peel allows damaging UV rays more access. We recommend the 30% glycolic peel for those who have had a chemical peel before, do not have sensitive skin, or if you have more signs of skin damage. If you are unsure which percentage is best for your skin, our skincare trainers are happy to offer you a personalized recommendation.
receiving a peel facial
At your appointment, your skin care trainer will take you through a consultation process and recommend the treatment most appropriate for your skin type and lifestyle.
During a peel facial, skoah skin care trainers may perform extractions—depending on your skin type—for extra exfoliation. After, we use a chemical solution to carefully remove the top layers of skin by lowering your skin’s pH. Once ready, we neutralize the chemical peel, bringing your pH back up and soothing the skin. You may feel some tingling or a slight burn, which is normal, and our skin care trainers apply soothing products to ease irritation after the chemical peel.
The peel facial lasts approximately 45 minutes and is designed to be gentle enough that you can continue with your day when you’re done.
our soothing and exfoliating facial products
To complement your peel, we use various skoah products to give your skin a healthy glow. Our product selection is tailored to your skin type and skin needs.
- Cleanser. For our first step, we remove makeup and use a cleanser to wash your face. Cleansing helps prep your skin for other products while removing oils or adding hydration, based on your skin type.
- Toner. Your skin care trainer applies toner multiple times throughout the facial to keep your skin hydrated and refreshed.
- Extraction serum. Before the peel, we may perform extractions to clear and open your pores. Your skin care trainer may choose not to perform extractions if you have particularly sensitive skin. We will inform you during your facial if that is the case.
- Hydradew mask. This hydrating gel mask gives your skin a break before we lower the pH, keeping your skin happy and giving it that hydrated, dewy glow.
- glycolic acid peel. Our 20% or 30% glycolic peel removes layers of dead or dull skin to make way for the healthier skin below. Glycolic peels should always be applied by a professional.
- Neutralizer. We carefully apply a neutralizer to raise your skin’s pH levels and nullify the chemical peel.
- Kalm down mask. To offset the feeling of peeled skin, we soothe any sensitivity with a relaxing face mask and a gentle face massage, focusing on the skin around the eyes and mouth.
- Finishing products. Your skin care trainer chooses the best products for your skin, such as soothing serums and moisturizers. We finish the facial with an SPF lotion to protect newly photosensitive skin.
how chemexfoliation addresses skin concerns
When applied professionally, a chemical peel removes the top layer of the skin. Chemical peels are used to treat a variety of visible skin concerns, including:
- A dull complexion
- Wrinkles and signs of aging
- Acne and scarring
- Sun damage
- And more.
We encourage repeat treatments for scar reduction and complexion maintenance.
Find the best chemical face peel near me
Get your glow™ when you entrust your skin care to our experienced trainers. Schedule your facial today for professional care. Find a skoah location near you.
similar skoah facials
Between peels, pamper your skin with revitalizing treatments that our skin care trainers customize for you. Diversify your skin care schedule with options like these.
frequently asked questions
A chemical peel, also known as chemexfoliation, removes dead and dull skin in layers to expose healthier skin beneath. A professional esthetician uses a chemical solution to thoroughly exfoliate, then applies soothing products to calm skin irritation. Only professionals should apply chemical peels.
The Mayo Clinic recommends waiting at least two to five weeks between light peels to allow your skin to recover and return to normal sensitivity levels. Your skoah skin care trainer can advise you on the best schedule for your skin.